Why Trivago chose Radioville
Trivago takes the hassle out of finding a great place to stay on your holiday. They trawl the internet for you and connect you to the best deals from the leading booking sites, making it easier for you to choose the perfect place to stay on your next getaway.
- Radio was chosen as the lead channel because of it's strong track record at building brand awareness.
- Trivago and Chelsea FC teamed up to encourage people to never settle - whether it’s about the next football match or the next getaway – which led to the partnership strap line of “Let’s Go”.
- Trivago wanted a campaign that would tap into the excitement of the football season about to start.
- To Ignite the anticipation and excitement of going on holiday.
- To position Trivago as playing an essential role in finding the perfect place to stay on holiday.
- To raise awareness of the Trivago brand and create a sense of excitement around its partnership with Chelsea FC.
- To get people to care about the partnership and to position it in such a way so that it created excitement amongst a wider audience (beyond just Chelsea FC fans).
- Bring to life, in an engaging and captivating way, the parallels between football and travel.
- Identify what football and travel have in common – i.e. excited anticipation.
- We wanted to leverage the inherent excitement of a live football match.
- We integrated Trivago within the Chelsea FC squad as if it was another player in the team.
- We cast the late great and unmistakable John Motson to voice the action – who provided instant credibility to the proposition.
Back of the net!
The result was an excitingly dynamic commercial that exceeded all expectations in helping to raise awareness of Trivago’s partnership with Chelsea FC.
Brilliant writers. Great creative. Fresh ideas that you don’t usually hear on radio. Working with Radioville was incredibly smooth. I'd 100%recommend them. They were always on call and it was a good partnership that was really collaborative.Ruth Amelung, Brand Manager, Trivago